Life doesn't wait, why should you?
An unexpected illness or injury can happen to anyone at any time. The current Canadian health care system provides excellent care in conditions that are considered urgent—accident and emergency, childbirth and cancer treatment. However, if your condition is classed as “non-urgent”, you could face countless months waiting for a diagnosis or treatment.
Wait List Insurance is the Answer. Medical Access Insurance does not replace your provincial medical plan – it provides rapid access when the system cannot.
Did you know:
- A common wait time for a heart bypass is over a year.
- The average wait time for a CT or MRI Scan is 3 to 6 months.
- You could wait 2 years or more for a hip or knee replacement.
- These times are only after you have seen a specialist, which can take 6 to 12 months!
- If tests and investigations are required, you may have to wait even longer to be diagnosed.
Why choose to spend precious time waiting, when you have a better choice? Access to a waiting list is not access to health care. Waiting for access to medical services in the public health care system is more than inconvenient. Waiting for services can cause a deterioration of health, loss of income, anxiety and a decreased quality of life.
Available attributes of Medical Access Insurance can include:
- no medical underwriting
- available with no deductibles or co-payments
- pre-existing conditions covered
- access to specialists, state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and surgery within a matter of days
- treatment in world-class facilities by nationally and internationally recognized specialists and surgeons utilizing the latest techniques and minimally invasive procedures
- comprehensive case management, assured discretion and privacy
- available with free second opinion for covered condition.
Added coverage is also available to give you access to a specialist in 21 days or less
Recent studies show that seeing a Specialist within 21 days of referral by your GP may result in a reduction of the intensity of treatment and recovery time by as much as 75%.
So, how does it all work?
As a policyholder, if you have an appointment to see a Specialist or for diagnostics, surgery or treatment, call the toll free number. Your case will be expedited immediately. With Wait List Insurance, you do not have to wait.
- Who Can Purchase Medical Access Insurance? Enrolment is currently available to age 74, with coverage of lifetime maximums of $1, 2 or 3,000,000 per individual to age 75. It is also available as a group benefit for businesses with 2 or more employees. This includes sole proprietors, partnerships, unions, corporations or professional corporations. Additionally, groups with 20 or more participants may apply to cover retired employees.
- Available with No Medical Exam. Simply complete the application form. No medical exam is required.
- Available No Co - Payments or Deductibles. Payment of your monthly premium is all that is required. We settle all claims on your behalf directly with the service provider.
- Available with Pre-Existing Conditions Covered. Pre-existing conditions that you have suffered within the 2-year period prior to taking out the policy will automatically be waived after your policy has been in effect for 24 consecutive months.
So what are you waiting for? Protect yourself with Medical Access Insurance. For more details or for direction on options that fit your needs, click here to contact us.